The process of applying and interviewing is time-consuming.
Who wants to put their time aside to dedicate to something that doesn’t even guarantee a great job?
That is why more and more applicants are using social media networks such as LinkedIn for job searching.
But LinkedIn, unfortunately, is one of the biggest time-sinks in any job seeker’s life.
Sometimes, it could take hours just to sift through dozens of jobs that aren’t even relevant to your target position.
But don’t worry.
In today’s article, we’ll show you some effective ways to land your next job using LeadDelta.
So if you’re ready, let’s begin!
What To Do Before Starting Your Job Search
You’re probably already aware that LinkedIn is the largest professional network spanning the globe, with over 875 million users.
Since different recruiters are actively browsing LinkedIn on mobile, tablet, and desktop, you have to make sure you stand out.
That’s why you need to ensure your LinkedIn profile is as optimized as possible.
To help you with that, here’s what you need to keep in mind before letting recruiters know you’re open to work:
1. Your profile must be up to date – LinkedIn users with a profile photo have 14 times more visibility, while users who add skills are 13 times more likely to get profile views, the biggest factor being the “open to work” option. There are many more subtle ways to gain visibility and a great way to optimize your profile for job search is to use Careerflow‘s profile optimizer. It will boost your profile views 40 times by optimizing your headline, keywords on your profile, and suggestung changes based on industry best practices.
2. Add skills and experiences in your profile summary section. Add relevant skills and experiences not listed in your profile’s “Experience” section, such as certifications or volunteer work. These will help recruiters understand what type of position would be best suited for your experience level.
3. Change the headline. The only things people see when they search are your photo, name, and headline (which is displayed beneath your photo). Your title should be catchy and emphasize who you are and the kind of job you’re looking for. When compared to bland headlines like “Chemical engineer in the public sector,” unambiguous titles like “HR professional, engaging employees with management” might catch people’s attention.
4. Grow your LinkedIn connections – Your exposure and access to other connections can both rise dramatically, thanks to building your network. By integrating your contact lists from websites like Gmail, LinkedIn makes it simple for you to connect with people you know.
Now that we’ve gone through some crucial things you need to provide on your profile let’s check how to use LeadDelta to get your next job quickly.
Why Should You Use LeadDelta
The best way to find a job on LinkedIn is through networking.
On the other hand, networking requires good management, constantly searching for information, and noticing details that might be valuable to you.
Sometimes all these tasks can be pretty time-consuming, requiring a lot of time from you, which can be tedious.
Luckily, LeadDelta helps you easily manage all of these tasks through connection management, data enhancement, and extraction.
So now that we covered why you should use LeadDelta let’s show you how to use it exactly.
3 Effective Tactics To Land Your Next Job Using Leaddelta
1. Filter Your Network
One of the best features of LinkedIn is its ability to filter your network.
You can explore and filter your connections based on their company, industry, position(“recruiter,” for example), and even country if you need a specific one.
And you can do all of that within LeadDelta.
Just enter Connections, click the “Filter” button, and search for specific people based on parameters that best fit your case.
For example, if you’re looking for recruiters, just navigate to “Search for the job title” and enter “Recruiter.” LeadDelta will show you the recruiters you’re connected to within a second.
And with LeadDelta, you can even go a few steps further.
When networking with connections, using LeadDelta, you can add specific tags and notes that you can use later to contact those people for a job or a reference, for example.
So how to do that?
To apply the tag, just enter your connections, find the specific person, and after you click a checkmark next to their name, hit “Apply tag.”
Here, you can choose the one you already created by clicking on it, or you can enter a new tag.
Just type the tag’s name and hit the “Create tag” button.
You can use tags to mark all the interesting connections so you can find them easier in the future.
On the other hand, you can use notes to write some interesting information you discovered about a specific person or something you’ve found out during your talk.
Everything valuable that you find and store – you can later use for intro messages, so you don’t have to scroll through your conversation each time you enter it or have a separate place to store this kind of data.
To create a note for a specific person, just hit the note icon next to their name.
After the popup window shows up, enter the note, and hit “Save changes.”
What’s great about this long-term process of collecting data is that you can later go through it and message people that showed interest in hiring or recommending you.
2. Use Message Templates for Easier Communication
Starting a conversation and thinking about asking for recommendations in the middle of the talk can be stressful sometimes, which leads most people to quit.
Don’t give yourself an excuse.
Instead, you can use LeadDelta’s templates and prepare a couple of messages for specific cases, such as:
- Introduction message,
- Asking for recommendations,
- Presenting yourself and highlighting your skills
To do this, just navigate to the Templates, and here you’ll see a list of proven messages that can help you start and improve your conversations.
To create your own template, hit “Add New Template.”
Enter your message, hit “Save Template,” and you’re ready to go.
3. Use LinkedIn Data on 3rd Party Platforms
If you’re looking for a job outside of LinkedIn, it can be helpful to export your data so you can use it on 3rd party platforms such as email automation tools, etc.
Using LeadDelta, you can export specific connections based on your filters and tags, so you don’t have to sort them manually before reaching out.
When looking for a great job, you can select all the recruiters within your network that you want to reach out to and export their emails, along with all the info you collected about them.
To export your data from LinkedIn using LeadDelta, enter the Connections and filter them based on your tags or specific parameters.
Then, select them all, and hit the “Export” button.
You can export your list, including the tags and notes, so that you can use this info for your introduction emails without having to search for this info manually and constantly switch tabs.
If you’re open to hearing about new opportunities, consider sending your LinkedIn connections and recruiters a message.
Inform them of the job categories you’re considering, the places you’d be willing to relocate to, and the work environments that most attract you.
You can also ask those you know to write a short note endorsing your skills.
To make this process much faster, you can use LeadDelta to reach out to your connections.
LeadDelta enables you to use tags to easily filter connections and send bulk messages using a customizable template to make this process much faster.
Additionally, our Inbox feature will help you keep better track of your LinkedIn inbox and stay on top of the responses you get.
Download the extension and try LeadDelta today!