If you’re present in the online business world and still not investing any resources into LinkedIn in 2022, then you’re missing a lot.
Yes, maybe you’re not the kind of person that writes and shares motivational quotes in order to get attention like a lot of them are doing on LinkedIn.
But you don’t have to be. There are a lot of smart geeks sharing such valuable stuff on LinkedIn.
Whether you’re looking for work, for employees, education, or simply trying to expand your professional network, LinkedIn is the #1 place to be.
If you are still not convinced, these 45 LinkedIn statistics will definitely motivate you to start using it as a marketing platform.
In this article, we’re going to share with you LinkedIn stats and facts that you can use as a guide for your LinkedIn marketing efforts in 2022.
So if you’re ready for some mind-blowing statistics, let’s get started.
1. General LinkedIn Statistics for 2022
1. LinkedIn has over 810 million users in more than 200 countries worldwide. (LinkedIn 2022)
2. LinkedIn is the largest B2B display advertiser in the U.S. at 32.2%. (eMarketer, 2021)
3. LinkedIn live streams have more than doubled ~150% (LinkedIn, 2022)
4. 65+ million LinkedIn users are decision-makers (LinkedIn, 2022)
5. 96% of the Fortune 500 use LinkedIn Enterprise Products. (LinkedIn, 2021)
6. 57+ million companies and organizations have a page on LinkedIn. (LinkedIn, 2022)
7. LinkedIn has 33 offices and 18,000 employees, (LinkedIn, 2022)
8. LinkedIn is available in 25 languages, (LinkedIn 2022)
9. 73% of social media users agree that LinkedIn is protecting their privacy and data, which makes it the most trusted social network in the U.S. Compare that to just 53% for Facebook. (eMarketer)
10. 57% of LinkedIn users are male, and 43% are female users (HootSuite)
11. LinkedIn in 2022 has:
- 120K Schools listed
- 38K Skills listed
- 37% Year-over-year growth in revenue (36% in constant currency) in Q2 FY22
- $1B Trailing 12-month revenue in every business line: Talent, Marketing, Sales, and Premium Subscriptions
- 15,000 Enterprise customers
- 43% Year-over-year increase in Marketing Solutions revenue (43% in constant currency) in Q2 FY22
12. 59.2% of LinkedIn’s users are between 25 and 34 years old (Statista, 2022)
13. 57% of LinkedIn’s traffic are mobile users. (LinkedIn, 2018)
Since this percentage is not updated since 2018, take it with a grain of salt.
Furthermore, it completely makes sense that LinkedIn’s users are more likely to use it from their computers since they may be browsing during working hours or for work purposes.
2. If you’re building a LinkedIn contacts network
14. LinkedIn content is getting 9 billion impressions in the news feed every week. (LinkedIn 2022)
That’s about 36 billion impressions monthly and 468 billion impressions per year.
The probability of being noticed on LinkedIn is, therefore, very high if you’re sharing content regularly!
15. LinkedIn profiles with a photo get 21x more visitors and 36x more messages (Inc)
While in the early days of LinkedIn, many LinkedIn profiles didn’t have a profile photo, this is no longer an option!
Having a professional profile photo will bring you significantly more visitors, contacts, and messages than a faceless profile.
16. Nearly 45% of LinkedIn members are active on a monthly level. (Business of Apps, 2022)
17. There are 200K members joined every week on LinkedIn and 11 million new connections formed. (LinkedIn, 2022)
3. If you’re hiring
18. Companies with a complete, and active LinkedIn Page get 5x more page views (LinkedIn 2022)
These Company pages are also getting 7x more impressions per follower and 11x more clicks per follower. This shows the real value of keeping your company’s LinkedIn page active and up-to-date.
19. 40% of LinkedIn users change their company, job role, or industry every 4 years. (LinkedIn 2020)
20. 49 million people are using LinkedIn to search for new job positions each week. (LinkedIn 2022)
In case your company is hiring, your LinkedIn Page can be a key source for finding potential new employees.
4. If you want to get hired
21. There are 77 Job applications submitted every second on LinkedIn. (LinkedIn 2022)
22. 12M+ LinkedIn users are taking advantage of the #OpenToWork photo frame. (LinkedIn 2022)
23. You are 12x more likely to be found on LinkedIn if you include at least two past working experiences. (LinkedIn, 2012)
Yeah, this LinkedIn stats is quite old, but it’s still valid.
24. 6 People are getting hired every minute on LinkedIn. (LinkedIn 2022)
If any of the previous LinkedIn statistics haven’t convinced you it’s worth investing some time in building this network, then this one should.
25. Remote jobs on LinkedIn have increased 2.5x from March to October 2020. (LinkedIn, 2021)
These LinkedIn statistics show how the way that companies work changed during 2020.
With more remote job ads, and employees working from home, online business connections have been even more important for business in the last two years.
5. If you’re using LinkedIn for education, marketing & sales
26. 96% of B2B content marketers use LinkedIn for organic social media marketing (Content Marketing Institute 2021)
Followed by Twitter and Facebook (82% each), this stat makes LinkedIn the top social media network for B2B content marketers.
This is more than expected, according to the fact that LinkedIn users are the ones that are looking for business-related content.
27. 6 out of 10 users actively look for industry insights on LinkedIn. (Buffer)
28. LinkedIn is responsible for more than 50% of social traffic on B2B websites & blogs ( LinkedIn 2022)
50% of the social traffic on B2B websites and blogs comes from LinkedIn. Facebook and Twitter have more monthly active users, but LinkedIn is surely the go-to platform when it’s up to B2B content.
29. 33% of B2B decision makers use LinkedIn to research purchases (HootSuite)
30. Brands are seeing a 2-3x lift in brand attributes when advertising on LinkedIn. (LinkedIn 2022)
31. Brands have seen a 33% increase in purchase intent resulting from ad exposure on LinkedIn. (LinkedIn 2022)
32. Content creation on LinkedIn increased by 60% in 2020 (LinkedIn 2020)
33. LinkedIn ads offer more than 200 targeting characteristics (LinkedIn 2020)
From job role, education to firm industry, and size to interests, there are many ways to make sure your ad will match the right audience you’re targeting.
34. 40% of B2B marketers surveyed pointed to LinkedIn as the most effective marketing channel for driving high-quality leads. (LinkedIn 2022)
35. Ad exposure on LinkedIn can increase purchase intent by 33% ( LinkedIn 2022)
36. LinkedIn received 4.1 billion of total visits from September to November 2021, according to SimilarWeb.(SimilarWeb)
The average LinkedIn user spent 7 minutes and 12 seconds on the platform, visiting 6.4 pages per visit.
37. The cost of a lead is up to 28% cheaper on LinkedIn Ads than on Google Ads (HubSpot 2020)
Thanks to accurate targeting on LinkedIn, you can generate more leads LinkedIn at a lower cost. According to Hubspot, getting leads with LinkedIn Ads is up to 28% cheaper than with Google Ads.
38. Audiences exposed to brand and acquisition messages on LinkedIn are 6x more likely to convert. (LinkedIn 2022)
39. Marketers see up to 2x higher conversion rates on LinkedIn. (LinkedIn 2022)
40. The best day to post on LinkedIn is Wednesday (CoSchedule 2019)
According to CoSchedule, the best day to post on LinkedIn is on Wednesday.
If you’re in B2C, then you should post around noon, while B2B content creators should post at 8 am, or 10 am to noon, and 6 pm.
41. Longer content is shared more often on LinkedIn than short content ( OkDork 2020)
OkDork.com analyzed the best-performing content on LinkedIn to find out what works best. The research shows that articles that contain 1900 words are shared most often.
Note: Write about 1900-word articles to give your content another boost. But keep in mind that you have to deliver high quality.
42. LinkedIn posts with images get 2x higher engagement (LinkedIn 2022)
Larger images, such as 1200 x 627 pixels (that LinkedIn recommends), give even better results, with 38% higher click-through rates than other images.
43. LinkedIn users are 20x more likely to re-share a video post. (LinkedIn 2020)
44. Employees are 14x more likely to share content from their employers rather than other types of content on LinkedIn (LinkedIn 2021)
This reinforces the fact that your employees are an important part of your LinkedIn marketing strategy, and you should invest in their LinkedIn networking knowledge.
45. Make your LinkedIn posts visual, including 8 images. (OkDork)
When creating a LinkedIn post, you should at least have one image in it.
According to OkDork, if you include 8 images in your LinkedIn post, it will get a significantly greater number of views, likes, shares, and comments.
Note: Make sure you use this research to your advantage.
To sum up
Lots of numbers, right? 🙂
We hope you found some interesting LinkedIn statistics for 2022 that will help you improve your performance.
Are you missing some statistics that you’re trying to find? Please let us know in the comments, and we’ll give our best to find it out for you and add it here.
Or let us know in the comments if you know any more interesting LinkedIn stats that could be useful, so we can add them here.